Loss and associated grief are defining characteristics of the refugee experience. This one day clinical workshop will give participants a greater awareness of the key components of loss and grief counselling when assessing and treating refugee survivors of torture and trauma. It will introduce participants to a model of cross cultural grief treatment and its relevance to the refugee resettlement context associated with the loss of loved ones and homeland, change of social status, and a loss of sense of belonging, meaning and purpose. It will give participants practical strategies for how to treat grief, including traumatic grief and assist clients to rebuild their lives in Australia.
- Challenges of working with loss and grief
- Loss, grief, bereavement and mourning in the context of refugee trauma
- Stages of grief in the context of refugee experiences
- Cultural Bereavement
- Mourning across cultures
- Cross-cultural interventions and practical strategies
- Transference and counter-transference
When: 13 August 2020, 9.30am to 4.00pm
Where: ASeTTS Perth, 286 Beaufort Street, Perth, Western Australia
Private – $389.00
Government – $299.00
NGO – $240.00
Students – $180.00
Unwaged – $180.00
- Registrations will close at 9.25am.
- Late registrations will not be accepted.
- ASeTTS reserves the right to cancel events which do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded.
- Registrations may be cancelled up to 14 working days prior to the day of the event with a full refund.
- Cancellations giving less than 10 working days notice will incur a 30% cancellation fee to cover administration costs.
- Fees will not be refunded for cancellations the day before or on the day of the event or for non-attendance.
- Organisations may send alternative candidates to attend the event if the original candidate is not available.
- By returning this form to register for ASeTTS Training you are consenting to the terms and conditions of payment and refunds
To register your interest email us here