Training participants will explore the challenges, considerations, and different models that can be applied to provide practical support to young people from refugee backgrounds.
Participants will be provided:
- Factual information about refugees, asylum seekers and migration
- Insights into the experiences of refugees and asylum seekers in their journey to Australia; including the impact of torture, trauma and displacement on individuals and families
- Insights into the challenges of cultural transition
- Understanding of the impact of trauma on young people; their response to trauma, and the impact on healing and growth.
- Strategies that can be applied to support young people from refugee-like backgrounds.
This training will assist participants to identify practical supports that they can implement to assist young people from refugee-like backgrounds.
When: Thursday, 9 June 2022
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Where: ASeTTS Community Centre, 286 Beaufort Street, Perth
To be confirmed.
All participants = $220 (including GST)
Student = $165 (including GST)
- ASeTTS reserves the right to cancel events which do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded.
- Registrations may be cancelled up to 14 working days prior to the day of the event with a full refund.
- Cancellations giving less than 10 working days notice will incur a 30% cancellation fee to cover administration costs.
- Fees will not be refunded for cancellations the day before or on the day of the event or for non-attendance.
- Organisations may send alternative candidates to attend the event if the original candidate is not available.
- By returning this form to register for ASeTTS Training you are consenting to the terms and conditions of payment and refunds.