Through this training program participants are provided with practical guidance regarding how to work alongside interpreters when delivering services to people from CaLD or refugee-like backgrounds.
Participants will be provided with insights into:
- Good or best practice when working with Interpreters; both in person, by phone or other remote methods
- The challenges of Interpreting
- The Interpreter’s role as a cultural consultant
- The Interpreter Code of Ethics, and interpreter responsibilities
- How to manage relationships when the interpreter is known to your client
- How to manage unprofessional behaviour
- How to access interpreting services
When: Thursday, 24 February 2022
Time: 9:30am – 1:30pm
Where: ASeTTS Community Centre, 286 Beaufort Street, Perth
Co-facilitated with WA Interpreters.
All participants = $165 (including GST)
Student = $110 (including GST)
Registrations close Thursday 17th February 2022, 5pm.
- ASeTTS reserves the right to cancel events which do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded.
- Registrations may be cancelled up to 14 working days prior to the day of the event with a full refund.
- Cancellations giving less than 10 working days notice will incur a 30% cancellation fee to cover administration costs.
- Fees will not be refunded for cancellations the day before or on the day of the event or for non-attendance.
- Organisations may send alternative candidates to attend the event if the original candidate is not available.
- By returning this form to register for ASeTTS Training you are consenting to the terms and conditions of payment and refunds.