Through this interactive training program participants are provided the opportunity to develop understanding of the experiences of refugees, and specifically explore the impact that trauma and displacement has on the social, emotional and cognitive development of children from refugee-like families.
Participants will be provided:
- Factual information about refugees, asylum seekers and migration,
- Insights into the experiences of refugees and asylum seekers in their journey to Australia; including the impact of torture, trauma and displacement on individuals and families Insights into the challenges of cultural transition,
- Understanding of the impact of trauma on children; symptoms, responses, impact on healing and growth.
This training will assist participants to consider how to support children from refugee-like backgrounds, who may have experienced multiple losses and trauma associated with refugee and resettlement experiences.
When: Thursday, 30 September 2021
Time: 9:30am – 1:30pm
Where: ASeTTS Community Centre, 286 Beaufort Street, Perth
To be confirmed
All participants = $165 (including GST)
Student = $110 (including GST)
- ASeTTS reserves the right to cancel events which do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded.
- Registrations may be cancelled up to 14 working days prior to the day of the event with a full refund.
- Cancellations giving less than 10 working days notice will incur a 30% cancellation fee to cover administration costs.
- Fees will not be refunded for cancellations the day before or on the day of the event or for non-attendance.
- Organisations may send alternative candidates to attend the event if the original candidate is not available.
- By returning this form to register for ASeTTS Training you are consenting to the terms and conditions of payment and refunds.