There will be times when people from refugee and asylum seeker backgrounds talk about their previous traumatic experiences of war and violence to workers and volunteers; or get angry or upset, or display other types of trauma reactions. This one-day workshop has been designed to give workers not trained as counsellors some basic tips and skills for how to recognise and deal with difficult behaviours in the workplace. It is mostly practical and focuses on a series of case studies and role plays to develop skills in dealing with trauma reactions.
- The ‘accidental’ counsellor
- Skills for managing trauma responses: Case studies and role plays
- Sadness and depression
- Anger and aggression
- Panic attacks
- Suicide threats
When: 26 November 2020, 9.30am to 4.00pm
Where: ASeTTS Perth, 286 Beaufort Street, Perth, Western Australia
Carolyn Midwood; MACouns, MACA, ACACOS
Cost: Please contact us for fees
Lunch, morning tea and afternoon tea will be supplied at the event. If you have any dietary requirements please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrations will close at 9.25am.
- Late registrations will not be accepted.
- ASeTTS reserves the right to cancel events which do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded.
- Registrations may be cancelled up to 14 working days prior to the day of the event with a full refund.
- Cancellations giving less than 10 working days notice will incur a 30% cancellation fee to cover administration costs.
- Fees will not be refunded for cancellations the day before or on the day of the event or for non-attendance.
- Organisations may send alternative candidates to attend the event if the original candidate is not available.
- By returning this form to register for ASeTTS Training you are consenting to the terms and conditions of payment and refunds
To register your interest please email us here