Through this training program participants are provided with information and support to understand how to support people from refugee-like backgrounds when there are disclosures of torture or trauma, or where they demonstrate difficult behaviours.
Participants will be provided:
- Insights into the reactions and responses that refugees may exhibit as a result of traumas experienced as a refugee or through resettlement
- Basic tips and strategies to manage and respond to:
- Disclosures of refugee related torture and trauma
- Difficult behaviours in this client group
This training has been developed for teachers, volunteers and others who work with people from refugee backgrounds who are not trained as professional counsellors.
When: Thursday, 2 December 2021
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Where: ASeTTS Community Centre, 286 Beaufort Street, Perth
To be confirmed.
All participants = $220 (including GST)
Student = $165 (including GST)
- ASeTTS reserves the right to cancel events which do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded.
- Registrations may be cancelled up to 14 working days prior to the day of the event with a full refund.
- Cancellations giving less than 10 working days notice will incur a 30% cancellation fee to cover administration costs.
- Fees will not be refunded for cancellations the day before or on the day of the event or for non-attendance.
- Organisations may send alternative candidates to attend the event if the original candidate is not available.
- By returning this form to register for ASeTTS Training you are consenting to the terms and conditions of payment and refunds.