- Insights into the experiences of refugees and asylum seekers in their journey to Australia; including the impact of persecution, torture, trauma and displacement on individuals and families.
- Insights into the challenges of cultural transition in particular young people’s sense of needing to abide by two sets of cultural norms.
- Understanding of the impact of trauma on young people; their response to trauma, and the impact on healing and growth.
- Strategies that can be applied to support young people from refugee-like backgrounds.
- The principles of Circle of Courage and how to apply skills to make Circle of Courage effective in practice.
ASeTTS Community Centre
286 Beaufort Street
Perth WA 6000
Thursday 18 August 2022
11:30am-3:30pm (Half day)
Lucy McEvoy, Youth Specialist Worker, and
Julien Cornu, Youth Worker
All participants = $165 (including GST)
Student = $110 (including GST)
- ASeTTS reserves the right to cancel events which do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded.
- Registrations may be cancelled up to 1 week prior to the day of the event with a full refund.
- Cancellations giving less than 10 working days notice will incur a 30% cancellation fee to cover administration costs.
- Fees will not be refunded for cancellations the day before or on the day of the event or for non-attendance.
- Organisations may send alternative candidates to attend the event if the original candidate is not available.
- By returning this form to register for ASeTTS Training you are consenting to the terms and conditions of payment and refunds.