- Provide insight of the impact of torture and trauma on the lives of refugees and asylum seekers.
- Increase understanding of the effect of acculturation and settlement on refugee and asylum seeker experiences.
- Explore the trauma recovery framework.
- Brief review of the global refugee situation and Australia’s Refugee programs.
- Skills and strategies for working with interpreters, both on-site and on the telephone.
- Improve awareness and practices when supporting culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) individuals.
ASeTTS Community Centre
286 Beaufort Street
Perth WA 6000
Wednesday 27 March 2024
9:30am – 4:00pm (Full day)
All participants = $220 (including GST)
Student = $165 (including GST)
- ASeTTS reserves the right to cancel events which do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded.
- Registrations may be cancelled up to 1 week prior to the day of the event with a full refund.
- Cancellations giving less than 3 working days notice will incur a 30% cancellation fee to cover administration costs.
- Fees will not be refunded for cancellations the day before or on the day of the event or for non-attendance.
- Organisations may send alternative candidates to attend the event if the original candidate is not available.
- By returning this form to register for ASeTTS Training you are consenting to the terms and conditions of payment and refunds.