- Factual information about refugees, asylum seekers and migration including the global refugee situation
- Australia’s Refugee and Humanitarian Program, visa types
- Insights into the experiences of refugees and asylum seekers in their journey to Australia; including the impact of persecution, torture, trauma and displacement on individuals and families
- Insights into the challenges of cultural transition, resettlement stressors and support available
- Refugee trauma recovery practice
- Trauma triggers
- Cultural safety and engagement
- Using interpreters: best practices, challenges, interpreter code of ethics and responsibilities
- Setting boundaries
- Vicarious trauma, burnout and self-care
ASeTTS Community Centre
286 Beaufort Street
Perth WA 6000
Thursday 22 September 2022
9:30am – 4:00pm (Full day)
All participants = $220 (including GST)
Student = $165 (including GST)
- ASeTTS reserves the right to cancel events which do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded.
- Registrations may be cancelled up to 1 week prior to the day of the event with a full refund.
- Cancellations giving less than 10 working days notice will incur a 30% cancellation fee to cover administration costs.
- Fees will not be refunded for cancellations the day before or on the day of the event or for non-attendance.
- Organisations may send alternative candidates to attend the event if the original candidate is not available.
- By returning this form to register for ASeTTS Training you are consenting to the terms and conditions of payment and refunds.