This training program provides participants with information and support to understand the experiences of refugees and asylum seekers, including how experiences of trauma and displacement can result in increased suicide risk.
Participants will be provided:
- Factual information about suicide risks in the community and across specific cohorts
- Risk factors and protective factors
- Cultural perspectives on suicide
- Warning signs and symptoms
- Managing suicide risk
Through this training, participants will develop their knowledge, and increase their skills and confidence to identify and respond to suicide risk in their clients who are from refugee-like background.
When: Wednesday, 2 February 2022
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Where: ASeTTS Community Centre, 286 Beaufort Street, Perth
To be confirmed.
All participants = $220 (including GST)
Student = $165 (including GST)
- ASeTTS reserves the right to cancel events which do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded.
- Registrations may be cancelled up to 14 working days prior to the day of the event with a full refund.
- Cancellations giving less than 10 working days notice will incur a 30% cancellation fee to cover administration costs.
- Fees will not be refunded for cancellations the day before or on the day of the event or for non-attendance.
- Organisations may send alternative candidates to attend the event if the original candidate is not available.
- By returning this form to register for ASeTTS Training you are consenting to the terms and conditions of payment and refunds.