Family and domestic violence takes place across all cultures and faith groups, including in refugee and immigrant communities. Through this training participants will explore the issue of FDV with refugee communities, and identify FDV prevention and response strategies that support refugees well.
Participants will be provided insights into:
- Relevant legislation,
- FDV prevalence amongst families from refugee-like backgrounds/communities, and the issues that impact on FDV prevalence,
- Strategies for preventing or responding to FDV within refugee communities.
When: Thursday, 12 May 2022
Time: 9:30am – 4:00pm
Where: ASeTTS Community Centre, 286 Beaufort Street, Perth
Zoe Louka, Community Development Officer
Shirin Dabous, Community Development Officer
All participants = $220 (including GST)
Student = $165 (including GST)
- ASeTTS reserves the right to cancel events which do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded.
- Registrations may be cancelled up to 14 working days prior to the day of the event with a full refund.
- Cancellations giving less than 10 working days notice will incur a 30% cancellation fee to cover administration costs.
- Fees will not be refunded for cancellations the day before or on the day of the event or for non-attendance.
- Organisations may send alternative candidates to attend the event if the original candidate is not available.
- By returning this form to register for ASeTTS Training you are consenting to the terms and conditions of payment and refunds.