This one-day workshop will give participants a greater understanding of the impact of torture and refugee trauma on group participation and dynamics, and how it can be effectively managed. It will cover the general principles of group facilitation in a cross-cultural context; and the things to be aware of and techniques to create a safe and engaging learning experience, to encourage a meaningful exchange of ideas, and to involve each member in thinking through different issues. Group facilitation tools and practical exercises to encourage meaningful participation will also be covered.
- The refugee experience
- Benefits of group work
- Torture and refugee trauma and group dynamics
- Stages of group development
- Recovery principles
- Effective cross-cultural communication
- Fostering participation
- Managing conflict and other issues
When: 12 March 2020, 9.30am to 4.00pm (one day)
Where: ASeTTS Perth, 286 Beaufort Street, Perth, Western Australia
Facilitator: Salome Mbenjele. MACouns, BA Psych, MACA, Cert IV Training and Assessment and Accredited Supervisor ACACOS.
Private – $349.00
Government – $290.00
NGO – $230.00
Students – $180.00
Unwaged – $180.00
- Registrations will close at 9.25am.
- Late registrations will not be accepted.
- ASeTTS reserves the right to cancel events which do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded.
- Registrations may be cancelled up to 14 working days prior to the day of the event with a full refund.
- Cancellations giving less than 10 working days notice will incur a 30% cancellation fee to cover administration costs.
- Fees will not be refunded for cancellations the day before or on the day of the event or for non-attendance.
- Organisations may send alternative candidates to attend the event if the original candidate is not available.
- By returning this form to register for ASeTTS Training you are consenting to the terms and conditions of payment and refunds
To register your interest email us here