This workshop will explore:
- What is Compassion Fatigue and what are the causes?
- How to identify warning signs and symptoms in self & others
- The impact on workers and organisations
- The solution — Prevention and resilience
- Developing self-awareness, lifestyle balance and support networks
- Self care — Design your personal resiliency plan
When: 29 October 2020, 9.30am to 4.00pm
Where: ASeTTS Perth, 286 Beaufort Street, Perth, Western Australia
Private – $389.00
Government – $299.00
NGO – $240.00
Students – $180.00
Unwaged – $180.00
Carolyn Midwood: MACouns, MACA, ACACOS
Carolyn Midwood has been working as a Counsellor, Coach, and Mediator since 1998, and has been providing clinical supervision and training for Mental Health Professionals since 2003.
Carolyn is a ‘people person’ and drawn to work that involves helping people. She has a varied background of life and work experience. Her love for travel throughout SE Asia, India, Nepal and Sri Lanka, backpacking around Europe, and driving/working her way around Australia has also been a great teacher, playing a pivotal part in the work she is doing today.
Her understanding of people and cultural diversity has been enriched in her work with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade; working at the Australian High Commission in the South Pacific, in International and Domestic Law, Human Rights, United Nations Section, and Refugee Immigration and Asylum in Canberra.
Carolyn’s role with Metro Counselling, and Counselling Services Australia Pty Ltd oversees the professional team through training and clinical supervision, whilst also having an active client base. She has written numerous articles for the West Australian Newspaper, Mining magazines, written and voiced daily mental health tips on FM radio.
- Registrations will close at 9.25am.
- Late registrations will not be accepted.
- ASeTTS reserves the right to cancel events which do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded.
- Registrations may be cancelled up to 14 working days prior to the day of the event with a full refund.
- Cancellations giving less than 10 working days notice will incur a 30% cancellation fee to cover administration costs.
- Fees will not be refunded for cancellations the day before or on the day of the event or for non-attendance.
- Organisations may send alternative candidates to attend the event if the original candidate is not available.
- By returning this form to register for ASeTTS Training you are consenting to the terms and conditions of payment and refunds
To register your interest email us here