ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first-aid. ASIST teaches participants to recognise when someone may be at risk of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. Although ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, participants don’t need any formal training to attend the workshop—ASIST can be learned and used by anyone.
By completing this workshop, participants will be better prepared to discuss suicide with a person with thoughts of suicide in a direct manner enabling them to build a collaborative approach to intervene, focusing on safe outcomes.
Nafisa Mohideen – Counsellor/Advocate, ASeTTS
When: 16 & 17 September 2020, 9:30am to 4:00pm (Please note: This training is covered over two days)
Where: ASeTTS Perth, 286 Beaufort Street, Perth, Western Australia
- Registrations will close at 9.25am.
- Late registrations will not be accepted
- ASeTTS reserves the right to cancel events which do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded.
- Registrations may be cancelled up to 14 working days prior to the day of the event with a full refund.
- Cancellations giving less than 10 working days notice will incur a 30% cancellation fee to cover administration costs.
- Fees will not be refunded for cancellations the day before or on the day of the event or for non-attendance.
- Organisations may send alternative candidates to attend the event if the original candidate is not available.
- By returning this form to register for ASeTTS Training you are consenting to the terms and conditions of payment and refunds