ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first-aid. ASIST teaches participants to recognise when someone may be at risk of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. Although ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, participants don’t need any formal training to attend the workshop—ASIST can be learned and used by anyone.
By completing this workshop, participants will be better prepared to discuss suicide with a person with thoughts of suicide in a direct manner enabling them to build a collaborative approach to intervene, focusing on safe outcomes.
Nafisa Mohideen – Counsellor/Advocate, ASeTTS
Nafisa is a counsellor who has been working with ASeTTS since June 2013. She graduated from Curtin University in 2011 after completing her 4 year Bachelor of Psychology degree. Prior to working as a counsellor, Nafisa worked in housing services assisting migrants and refugees who were experiencing homelessness or housing issues. Nafisa also has experience in working with vulnerable and at risk youth as well as facilitating art groups and recreational activities for young women. The main focus of her career has been assisting and educating individuals from culturally and linguistically diverse populations and increasing their accessibility to services in Australia.
Nafisa has always had an interest and passion for using her skills and experience to benefit others from marginalised and at risk communities. In the years to come, Nafisa hopes to complete her Psychology registration with AHPRA in order to broaden the areas in which she is able to provide assistance.
When: 16 & 17 September 2020, 9:30am to 4:00pm (Please note: This training is covered over two days)
Where: ASeTTS Perth, 286 Beaufort Street, Perth, Western Australia
Government – $389.00
Private – $299.00
NGO = $240.00
- Registrations will close at 9.25am.
- Late registrations will not be accepted
- ASeTTS reserves the right to cancel events which do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded.
- Registrations may be cancelled up to 14 working days prior to the day of the event with a full refund.
- Cancellations giving less than 10 working days notice will incur a 30% cancellation fee to cover administration costs.
- Fees will not be refunded for cancellations the day before or on the day of the event or for non-attendance.
- Organisations may send alternative candidates to attend the event if the original candidate is not available.
- By returning this form to register for ASeTTS Training you are consenting to the terms and conditions of payment and refunds