People often experience both mental health challenges and alcohol and other drugs (AOD) issues. The intersection of mental health and AOD use is recognised as presenting complex challenges across both domains. This course examines each challenge and its interrelationship with the other. The course facilitates an understanding of how and why they frequently occur together, as well as strategies for working holistically and collaboratively to support people in their recovery. Participants will have the opportunity to develop their skills by using practice tools to respond to real-life scenarios.
This course is suitable for staff working across a variety of services including care services, housing, mental health, alcohol and other drugs, disability, first aid, aged care and education.
This course will support participants to:
- Develop their understanding of mental health, mental health challenges, and alcohol and other drugs, including: signs, symptoms and risk factors for mental health and/or AOD use issues; drug types and usage; common mental health challenges and models to understand substance use and dependence.
- Develop their understanding of the complex relationship between mental health challenges and alcohol and other drug use, including being able to identify risk factors, contributing factors and impacts of co-occurring challenges.
- Develop their confidence and competence in using evidence-informed strategies in their work with consumers.
- Have increased knowledge of resources, services and referral pathways.
- Integrate their learning from this course into the work practice.
Leanne Mirrabella, Western Australian Association for Mental Health (WAAMH)
When: 18 June 2020, 9.30am to 4.00pm
Where: ASeTTS Perth, 286 Beaufort Street, Perth, Western Australia
Private – $329.00
Government – $280.00
NGO – $220.00
Students – $180.00
Unwaged – $180.00
- Registrations will close at 9.25am.
- Late registrations will not be accepted.
- ASeTTS reserves the right to cancel events which do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded.
- Registrations may be cancelled up to 14 working days prior to the day of the event with a full refund.
- Cancellations giving less than 10 working days notice will incur a 30% cancellation fee to cover administration costs.
- Fees will not be refunded for cancellations the day before or on the day of the event or for non-attendance.
- Organisations may send alternative candidates to attend the event if the original candidate is not available.
- By returning this form to register for ASeTTS Training you are consenting to the terms and conditions of payment and refunds
To register your interest email us here